This story was written and reported by Coronado Patch Editor Michelle Mowad.
Take a fun and rare ride this weekend. This Sunday's Bike the Bay is your only opportunity this year to pedal over the San Diego-Coronado Bay Bridge. This non-competitive 25-mile event is open to riders of all levels and registration is still open!
The route passes through San Diego, Coronado, Imperial Beach, Chula Vista and National City. It starts and finishes at the Embarcadero Marina Park in downtown San Diego.
Finish line festivities include celebration with food, entertainment and a New Belgium beer garden.
- Registration: Online through Friday, Aug. 23 and walk-up during Ride Registration Packet Pickup (see below for hours).
- Cost: $50-$55.
- Route: Through San Diego, Coronado, Imperial Beach, Chula Vista and National City.
- Route Distance: 25 miles.
- Ride Registration Packet Pickup: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday and 5:30-6:30 a.m., Sunday at the Embarcadero Marine Park South.
- Race Time: 7 a.m., Sunday.
- Participant Rules: Helmets mandatory. No individual riders under the age of 14.
- Event Beneficiary: San Diego County Bicycle Coalition