As of 3 p.m. Tuesday, the cheapest gas in Imperial Beach or west of Interstate 5 could be found for $3.99 at San Diego Gasoline and Food at the corner Coronado Avenue and Hollister Street. The gas station was in good company, with three others in the area with the same price.
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in San Diego County fell Tuesday for the sixth consecutive day, dropping three-tenths of a cent to $4.13, one day after decreasing two-tenths of a cent.
The average price is 2.2 cents less than one week ago, but 2.4 cents more than one month ago and 18.4 cents greater than one year ago, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.
The six-day streak of dropping prices is the longest since a 42-day streak ended July 13.
"The price declines are apparently signaling that demand is dropping" and supply concerns prompted by the Aug. 6 fire at the Chevron refinery in Richmond are lessening, Marie Montgomery Nordhues of the Automobile Club of Southern California told City News Service.
For the latest traffic and low gas prices in IB and beyond, visit the IB Patch Commute page.
- $3.99 at Hollister Gas at the corner of Coronado Avenue and Hollister Street
- $3.99 at A Gasoline, formerly 76, at the corner of Ingrid Avenue and Hollister Street
- $3.99 at the Arco station on Palm Avenue between 12th and Florida streets
- $4.03 at 7-Eleven at the corner of 13th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.03 at USA Gasoline at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
- $4.05 at the 7-Eleven at the corner of 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $4.05 at the Valero station at the corner of 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $4.05/$4.13 at Beach Side Station at the corner of 7th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.13 at the 76 station at the corner of 9th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.25 at the Shell/7-Eleven at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
City News Service contributed to this report.