Members of the public are invited to attend a workshop meeting Wednesday to share their thoughts about issues that are important to the future of the City of Imperial Beach.
No actions are taken at workshops. Instead, workshops are held a few times a year for a discussion between City Council, city staff and the public and collective look at IB's vision and goals over the next two years.
A presentation compiled by a consultant will be delivered to explore the possibility of additional pedestrian-scale lighting on Seacoast Drive.
Lighting on the waterfront has been a subject of debate for the better part of the last year between the City Council, owners of the new Pier South hotel and a collection of Seacoast Drive stakeholders known as the Seacoasters.
The meeting will begin with a look at city finances for the next two years.
According to City Manager Gary Brown, important issues for City Council to consider in the next month include:
- a YMCA takeover of the Sports Park and Recreation Center
- adopt a 2013-15 budget
- continue to push for development at Bernardo Shores, 9th and Palm Shopping Center and Bikeway Village
- Purchase of a new fire truck
- negotiate or complete deals with city employees and the Port of San Diego
- finalize changes to the city's commercial zoning
- continue to dissolve redevelopment
See the attached PDF for a full list of important issues City Council will need to consider in the next six months according to Brown.