It was a busy year for news in Imperial Beach, and IB Patch published near 2,000 articles.
It was a presidential election year, but the top three stories of the year were Santa on a Spooner board, a local reporter's CNN award for her interview with Michelle "Bombshell" McGee and Princess Samantha Kennedy's billion-dollar lawsuit against Paramount Pictures for allegedly stealing her work to make the movie Titanic.
The following list is based on page views, reflecting which news drew the most attention on Imperial Beach Patch in 2012.
Other top stories include bomb threats at Mar Vista High School and the death of Victor Saucedo and Tyrone Woods.
Which reports resonated most with you? Which reports are you surprised to see on this list? And which are you surprised did not make the list? Share in comments.
30. 24-Hour Walmart to Open in November
29. Michael Lange Strikes Lottery Gold at Tommy’s Tobacco in IB
28. Family: Sheriff Failed to Protect Ex-Sailor from Shooting
27. Guns and Suicide Threat Puts Mar Vista on Lockdown Again
26. Spectacular Geminid Meteor Shower 2012 Thursday
25. Unidentified Person Killed Near Imperial Beach Boulevard
24. Vegas Bray Pleads Not Guilty to Shooting Ex-Boyfriend
23. Great White Shark Sighting in Imperial Beach
22. Efforts to Revive 2012 Sandcastle Competition Abandoned
20. Walmart to Open in Fall Now Hiring
18. Poll: Should Amnesty Be Part of Comprehensive Immigration Reform?
17. San Diego County Fair: Deep-Fried Cereal for Breakfast?
15. Big Bay Blunder: Fireworks at Pier Go Off All At Once
14. Imperial Beach Pics & Clips
13. USS Carl Vinson Reaches Middle East
12. Helicopter Crashes at North Island; 4 People Hospitalized
10. Woman Charged with 1st Degree Murder After Man Is Shot
9. Police Sergeant Seen Pulling Woman by Hair Is Subject of Internal Probe
8. Border Patrol Shooting Death of Southcrest Mother of 5 Stirs Questions
6. Walmart to Open in Shopping Center Near Palm Avenue
5. 3-Year-Old Shot with Taser by SDPD Officer
4. Students Protest Going to Class at Mar Vista High School
3. Princess Demands Billions for ‘Titanic’ Copyright Infringement
2. Chris Morrow Wins CNN Award for 'Bombshell' McGee Interview
1. Santa Seen on Spooner Board in Imperial Beach