As of 7 p.m. Tuesday, the cheapest gas in Imperial Beach or west of Interstate 5 could be found for $4.17 at the Circle A gas station at the corner of Hollister Street and Ingrid Avenue and Hollister Gas at the corner of Coronado Avenue and Hollister Street.
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in San Diego County rose 1.4 cents today to $4.27, its highest amount since Oct. 25.
The average price has increased 22 consecutive days, rising 54.3 cents over that span, including nine-tenths of a cent on Monday, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.
The average price is 11.3 cents more than one week ago, 56.1 cents higher than one month ago and 21.1 cents greater than one year ago.
The increasing prices are the result of reduced supplies caused by low levels of production in Southern California stemming from refinery maintenance, according to Jeffrey Spring of the Automobile Club of Southern California.
For updates on traffic and gas prices in Imperial Beach and elsewhere visit the IB Patch Commuter page.
- $4.17/$4.27 at San Diego Gas and Food at the corner of Hollister Street and Coronado Avenue
- $4.19 at Arco station on Palm Avenue between 12th and Florida streets
- $4.19 at USA Gas at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
- $4.25/$4.35 at All America Gas at the corner of 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $4.29 at 7-Eleven at the corner of 13th Streert and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $4.29 at 7-Eleven at the corner of 13th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.29/$4.36 at Beach Side Station at the corner of 7th street and Palm Avenue
- $4.29/$4.37 at 76 station at the corner of 9th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.49 at 7-Eleven/Shell at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
City News Service contributed to this report.