As of 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, the cheapest gas in Imperial Beach or west of Interstate 5 could be found for $3.99 at Hollister Gas at the corner of Coronado Avenue and Hollister Street.
Until just recently, Hollister Gas was a Shell station.
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in San Diego County fell one-tenth of a cent today to $4.218, one day after a six-day streak of increases ended with a decrease of two-tenths of a cent.
Despite the back-to-back slight drops, the average price is 4.2 cents more than a week ago, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.
However, thanks to 31 decreases in the 33 days before the increases began, the average price is 5.6 cents less than one month ago and 4.8 cents lower than one year ago.
For regular cheap gas and traffic updates in IB or elsewhere, visit the IB Patch Commute page.
- $4.07/$4.17 at San Diego Gasoline and Food at the corner of Hollister Street and Coronado Avenue
- $4.09/$4.19 at the 76 station at the corner of 9th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.09 at the Arco station on Palm Avenue between Florida and 12th streets
- $4.13/$4.25 at the Valero station at the corner of 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $4.15 at the Thrifty station at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
- $4.15 at the 76 station at the corner of Ingrid Avenue and Hollister Street
- $4.15/$4.29 at Beach Side Station at the corner of 7th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.17 at the 7-Eleven at the corner of 13th Street and Palm Avenue
- $4.25 at the 7-Eleven at 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $4.29 at the Shell/7-Eleven station at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
City News Service contributed to this report.