"June Gloom" doesn't ring true when it comes to events around Imperial Beach this month. We've got plenty of activities to keep you all smiles this month. Check out some highlighted events in the coming days and some important reminders (like voting day!) in the list below.
Click on the links for more information about the events.
- Eleanor Young, who spends just $300 a month on groceries and household items for her family, will teach you how to save up to 60 percent on your next grocery bills, just using coupons at this free class at the IB Library.
- Kumeyaay history and dancing, bird walking, mountain biking and many other activity
June 2, Baja Bash
- Join WiLCOAST and other environmental groups to raise funds to protect coastal Baja California.
- Take the family to South Bay Park the first weekend of June for games, arts and crafts, rides and entertainment.
June 5, Primary Elections
- It's voting day! Don't forget to go to the polls to vote. Polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Find the nearest polling station here.
- Walk or run this 5K, that runs along usually-restricted areas of the U.S.-Mexican border, and help raise money for the Roberto J. Duran Scholarship Fund.
- Pay just $6 for an hour and a half long dance class at Nohemi's Studio and see how fun working out can be.
- Visit Mar Vista High and run around the track to raise money for cancer research and more.
- You can enter your pooch to hang 20 in this surf competition for dogs or just go and enjoy the show.
- A traditional powwow in every sense of the word, this two-day community event on Father's Day weekend will feature drum performances, gourd dances and much, much more.
- Kids can visit the local library for an interactive and educational learning show, complete with erupting volcanoes and a rocket car.
All seniors are invited to a tropical celebration hosted by the Imperial Beach-South Bay Kiwanis Club. There an Outstanding Community Senior Citizen of the Year will be honored.