A week from Monday Imperial Beach will host its annual 4th of July celebration, starting with a concert by local acts and ending with a fireworks show from the end of the pier.
Starting at 11 a.m., bands playing country, jazz, the blues and other music will play until 8:30 p.m. when the fireworks show starts.
- Teagan Taylor Trio - Jazz
- Paul Ingram Jazz Quartet
- Stewart, Melony & Henry - Country
- Los Reyes del Ritmo - Flamenco, Folklorico
- Al Myers & Joe- Folk and Blues
- Six String Samurai - Nerd rock
- Scott West and the Complications singing popular tunes
- Alex Depue and Miguel De Hoyos
The concert is sponsored by the and fireworks show by the Port of San Diego.
John Haupt, owner of the Beach Club Grille and Woodie's Cantina, organized the concert.