As of 9 a.m. Tuesday, the cheapest gas in Imperial Beach and west of Interstate 5 could be found for $3.55 at Arco on Palm Avenue between Florida and 12th streets.
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in San Diego County recorded its largest increase since Oct. 7 Tuesday, 1.8 cents, one day after being unchanged.
The average price of $3.74 is at its highest amount since Nov. 30 and is 3.6 cents more than one week ago, 13.6 cents higher than one month ago but 1.7 cents less than one year ago, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.
The increase follows a 50 cent per gallon increase in the cost of wholesale gasoline last week which stemmed from low supplies as refineries head into their maintenance cycles, according to Marie Montgomery of the Automobile Club of Southern California.
- $3.63 at 7-Eleven at the corner of 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $3.63 at 7-Eleven at the corner of Palm Avenue and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $3.65 at A Gas at the corner of Ingrid Avenue and Hollister Street
- $3.65 at USA Gas (formerly Thrifty) at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
- $3.67/$3.75 at 76 station at the corner of 9th Street and Palm Avenue
- $3.69 at Hollister Gas at the corner of Hollister Street and Coronado Avenue
- $3.69/$3.79 at American Gas (formerly Valero) at the corner of 13th Street and Imperial Beach Boulevard
- $3.69/$3.79 at San Diego Gas and Food at the corner of Hollister Street and Coronado Avenue
- $3.75/$3.83 at Beach Side Station at the corner of 7th Street and Palm Avenue
- $3.95 at 7-Eleven/Shell at the corner of Saturn Boulevard and Palm Avenue
City News Service contributed to this report.