Top Social Media Minds to Share Trends, Insights and Local Impacts
Social Media Day San Diego announced today the schedule of headlining speakers and panelists who will offer attendees an opportunity to explore the latest in social media strategy and trends.
This year marks the 5th year in which Social Media Day, created by Mashable, has been recognized internationally on June 30th. The event, featuring both education and networking, celebrates the ways in which social media has changed our lives for the better. It’s a chance to interact and meet new people offline that you’ve engaged with online and learn more about the most popular and impactful social media platforms used today.
“In 2012 and 2013, Social Media Day San Diego had the most attendee’s world-wide,” said Tyler Anderson of Casual Fridays. “We are hoping to beat those records again in 2014. San Diego is known around the globe as ‘Social Media Beach’ and is home to many internationally known social media thought leaders that we’re blessed to have participating in our event. This is a rare chance to connect with industry experts and keep a competitive edge in the social media world.”
What’s in store for Social Media Day San Diego 2014? The full day of learning from industry leading social media experts is scheduled from 9:45 a.m– 4:45 p.m. at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina and features:
- Speakers: The speakers and their respective topics include Mari Smith (Facebook); Zach King (Vine/YouTube); Ron Nash (LinkedIn), Jenn Herman (Instagram) and Martin Shervington (Google+).
- Podcasting Panel: The podcasting panel will feature Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner, John Lee Dumas of EntrepreuenerOnFire.com and Tyler Anderson of the Social Media Social Hour podcast.
- Brand Panel: The brand panel will feature social media strategists from the San Diego Chargers, PetBox and Donut Bar.
- Networking Reception: The official Social Media Day San Diego Networking Reception will take place at the Marina Kitchen inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina starting at 5 p.m. The networking reception will include social media inspired contests, food and drink specials, wine tastings, food samples and more.
- Tickets & Registration: Early bird pricing for speaker sessions is available through June 26th at $40 per ticket. After June 26th, tickets are $75. The Social Media Day San Diego Networking Reception is free and open to the public and discounted drinks will be available for paid attendees of the speaker session. For more information and tickets visit www.SocialMediaDaySanDiego.com.
ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA DAY SAN DIEGO
Launched by Mashable in 2010, Social Media Day is a global celebration of the technological advancements that enable everyone to connect with real-time information, communicate from miles apart and have their voices be heard. Social Media Day San Diego is organized locally by digital strategists Tyler Anderson of Casual Fridays (@tyleranderson) and Rob Marlbrough of Web Wizards (@downtownrob). Connect with Social Media Day San Diego on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@SMdaySD).